Saturday, June 12, 2010

PROJECT 3: Narrative

My narrative is very simple. I am an art dealer who owns this piece of land. I also paint myself but I have 2 clients who's paintings and sculptures I sell in the shop that is at the front of the site. A round table in the centre of that building has sculptures on it. People walking in the streets are able to see this through a glass wall and may get interested to come in and look at the pieces on display. I imagined people would walk around the table and look at the items on display.
The design studio which is on top of the galleries have ample space for all of us to collaborate and work together.
Also another highlight of this design is the double height floor to ceiling glass box placed within the middle building. This glass box has a single wall inside which sometimes displays huge art installations. People are able to stand around this glass box and stare at the painting. I like to call this chamber "Art in a Box".

No comments:

Post a Comment