Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Room & Narrative: Inspiration from the Esherick House by Louis Kahn










Due to my decision to experiment with windows and openings which allow light into a space for project 2, I looked at certain buildings.

Louis Kahn's 1961 villa, known as the Esherick House was of interest to me. Kahn extensively worked with varying qualities of light for this house. There are many sorts of spaces in this villa, all allow different intensities of light through its various windows. The T shaped window was of particular interest to me. Then there were other openings and crevices around the chimney, etc which allowed light of various degrees. Here I am going to post a few pictures which depict the lighting qualities in the building, for future references.




No comments:

Post a Comment