Thursday, April 8, 2010

FINAL SUBMISSION: Villa Savoye through my ink & brush

This is Villa Savoye, the way I see it. These sketches are not accurate measurement and colour wise, however they give an impression of the actual villa. It was important for me to make these drawings before I started modelling as it helped me to understand the form of the Villa. I added colour to get a feel of the actual greenery surrounding it against the glimmering white of the building's facades. The contrast was subtle and striking at the same time. Specially the ground level maid's living area, laundry and utility rooms which are painted in green in the outside show the connection between the landscape and the house. This white Villa was supposed to be a modern machine for living. Streamlined, mechanical and compact. Yet the green of the walls and the green of the grassland and trees surrounding it brought it all to life and the bond between the villa and the nature became evident.





No comments:

Post a Comment